THE WORLD IS ON FIRE
- Over 50 thousand square miles (> 30 million acres) of land was lost to wildfires in 2019. Check out the 2nd graphic on this webpage
- The global temperature (trend visualization) in 2019 was 1.15C above the pre-industrial average temperature . More info here
- Current CO2 concentrations are higher than ever (> 410 ppm), compared to before the 1900’s (< 300 ppm). Daily updates here
LET'S FIX THIS TOGETHER
HOW I CAN HELP
If you are a founder working on a startup that will have a positive impact on climate change, I want to hear from you and help you (see below). Please take < 5 minutes to fill out this short intake form.- Investment Strategy – I am connected with 500+ investors, and I have spoken with and assisted 400+ startups with fundraising. Please fill out the startup intake form (above) to get access to my database of investors!
- Visibility & Accessibility – Be featured in Innovate Climate.
- Consulting – I work with high-quality consultants that offer a variety of services – finding and applying to grants, CEO networks, pitch deck and storytelling support, and more!If you are an investor funding climate-positive businesses, reach out to connect!Discover trending climatetech startups through Innovate Climate.
WHAT I'VE BUILT
Climate Capital Stack is a series of pieces on alternative sources of capital available to climate startups. This series aims to educate startups about when they should think about each alternative funding type and what considerations they should keep in mind.Innovate Climate is an online community centered around a weekly newsletter that highlights startups to the broader climate and sustainability ecosystem. Innovate Climate’s mission is to help startups succeed and create impact, specifically by providing visibility to others in the sector and facilitating introductions. Innovate Climate has attracted hundreds of startups and investors.The Impact is a weekly newsletter that provides analysis of emerging technologies, trends, and markets the climate space in a short and informative way. The newsletter is written by analysts, founders and executives in the industry with a mission to help inform and arm their readers with the tools to go out and make a climate positive impact.
My passion is at the intersection of sustainability innovation and business.I have spent the last four years building relationships with investors and founders in the broader climate space. I am connected with over 500 investors and have spoken with and assisted over 400 startups with fundraising. I am currently an independent startup scout and writer in the space (my full story/background can be found here).I am an Investor with Climate Capital. I previously worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) as a Product Manager and a Nuclear Safety Engineer. I also work with various climate incubators/accelerators (Cleantech Open, Techstars, Joules Accelerator, and For ClimateTech) and started The Impact and Innovate Climate – both are newsletters covering startups in the climate space.My other professional experience includes FreshRealm, where I supported a wide range of business operations to support customer success and business strategy. I hold a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of California at Davis and have completed coursework in energy innovation from Stanford University